Join Our Team!
At BBM Railway Solutions, we've formed a global team of amazing people and are looking for more amazing people to join us. See below for a list of current roles we are looking to fill.
This link will redirect you to our parent company page, The Brilex Group. You'll fill out an online application and upload your resume all in one place. Once the application is submitted, a member of our human resources team will be in touch with more information on the next steps in our employment process.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for supervising and/or performing the installation of the company’s equipment, providing start-up, testing, and training services, performing inspection and preventive maintenance services for equipment, troubleshooting repairing and assisting with upgrades on existing equipment. Work will include extensive travel, within North America.
· Equipment Installations – Supervise the installation of new or rebuilt equipment and provide startup, testing and training services.
· Equipment Maintenance – Perform inspection and preventive maintenance services.
· Equipment Service – Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
· Equipment Upgrades – Assist in the upgrading of existing equipment.
· Technical Support – Whether working at the company’s facilities or in the field, assist in responding to requests for technical support for the operation, maintenance, and servicing of customer equipment.
· Operation, Maintenance and Training Materials – Assist in the development or updating of equipment operation, maintenance and training materials related to the company’s products.
· Advanced Planning – Assist in the development of detailed installation and field service plans prior to going out in the field; to prepare appropriate schedules, and better understand the rigging, material staging and resource requirements, relating to such activities.
· General Customer Assistance – Assist the Field Service Manager, the Project Manager and Engineering Manager in providing other services to the company’s customers.
· Reporting Requirements – Generate comprehensive daily field service reports in a detailed and professional manner.
· Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology required.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical support of industrial equipment.
· Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) control systems and capable of editing PLC ladder logic programming.
· Experience with troubleshooting electrical circuits including but not limited to; high voltage (480-120VAC), low voltage (24VDC), digital & analog I/O, control relays, motors, starters, circuit breakers, switches, etc.
· Willing to be assertive while technically supervising the work of third-party contractors in the field to protect the company’s interests.
· Ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications, and other documentation for large, moving equipment.
· Capable of operating with minimum supervision, strong problem-solving skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills required – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, etc.)
· Must be able to work well with people (colleagues, subcontractors, clients, etc.)
· Must hold a current driver’s license and be willing to travel; approximately 75% travel required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in assembly and/or service for large capital equipment projects.
· Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and capable of modifying drive parameter files.
· Safe work practices – OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification preferred.
The Electrical Project Engineer will focus on the Design and Programming of railway maintenance equipment control systems, managing the project scope, schedule and deliverables, and supporting aftermarket maintenance, repair and upgrade activities. The successful candidate will be technically oriented with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Manage projects with Class 1 freight railroads, major inner city transit authorities and construction general contractors.
· Build master project schedules (gantt charts) from sales estimates and subcontractor schedules.
· Interface directly with customers as the main point of contact between engineering, manufacturing and the client.
· Design power, control, and safety systems for railway maintenance and production equipment.
· Produce electrical schematic and wiring diagram drawings and generate Bills of Material.
· Work closely with suppliers of major electrical/control products (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Nidec, etc.)
· Complete PLC, VFD and HMI programming to meet customer specification requirements.
· Complete functional design for new equipment and upgrades given specifications from internal sales documentation, customer specifications, BBM Engineering standards and previously designed machines.
· Size electrical enclosures, develop operator console and panel layouts.
· Prepare Operator’s Manual for sequence of operation as part of documentation provided to customer.
· Prepare Test Plan to functionally test the equipment for quality and contract specification compliance.
· Work alongside other Engineers & Technicians for hands-on factory testing and troubleshooting of equipment.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose faulty electrical components and/or control software issues and resolve.
· Provide remote assistance as required for field support during start-up, testing, warranty and service repair of equipment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
· Programming in Rockwell Automation, Siemens Step 7, NIDEC/Control Techniques. (GE Proficy and Schneider Unity a plus)
· Ability to create electrical design drawings using AutoCAD.
· Certification in Project Management (CAPM or PMP) is preferred but not required.
· Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Demonstrate technical writing abilities.
· Strong customer satisfaction attitude.
· Knowledge of applicable electrical and safety standards.
· Must be willing to travel occasionally; approximately 15% travel required.
Need something else- Contact Us!
You may contact us by filling in this form and hitting the submit button below. A member of our team will be in touch very soon.